Sunday, April 15, 2012

Asking for more money - Feb 2009

Asking for more money...

He was explaining his process.


----- Original Message -----
From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
To: "Tom Blomme"
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 1:06 PM
Subject: Response to concerns


> Tom,
>
> I understand your concerns and the project has taken longer than
> originally expected. I apologize for not communicating in further detail
> on the progress. I tend to be more evolved in the physical work and don't
> always get a chance to respond to correspondence or catch up on paperwork
> as often as I would like. As for your concerns with the security of our
> Company, I too have been in your shoes. Before owning this Company I
> trusted and relied upon others to get my boat work finished that I didn't
> have time to do myself. I can honestly say it didn't always work out but
> I am dedicated to treating Customers the way I would like to be handled. I
> believe I prevent my Customer from going through the headaches I endured
> when racing.
>
> When I wrote "The stuff that was on there was not gel coat, it was
> polyurethane paint 3" thick in some spots to help hide previous mistakes
> in body work." I was being a little sarcastic. There was six layers of
> paint and primer and not "three inches" hiding the imperfections in
> fiberglass body work. This was revealed after grinding out the stress
> cracks on the deck. We also discovered blistering due to a solvent trap
> issue. All this was consealed by layers of primer and paint. In order to
> correctly do the paint job we needed to remove all the paint and primer
> getting down to original gel coat.
>
> The deck is solid enough for someone to walk on; I wouldn't have a bunch
> of people standing on the deck at one time. Regular wear and tear causes
> the boat to flex and flexing causes stress cracks. So, NO we will not
> guarantee against stress cracks in the future.
>
> I will sent you a invoice for work and parts purchased up to this point.
> I was not able to attach a copy to this e-mail however if you have a fax
> number you would like it sent to let me know.
>
> I have conferred with several others in the marine business and payment
> procedures vary. Like you said "with the economy the way it is"
> unfortunately I will need to ask for payment for materials. I don't mind
> holding off on labor expenses until each stage of the job is completed but
> in order to start the next stage, I need materials.
>
> Once you have looked over the invoice I am sending, please get back to me.
> In order to move forward we will need to come to some resolution.
>
> --
> Thank You
> George Pataki
> ARS Marine
> NEW Telephone #
> 1-(815)942-2600
> NEW Location--> Morris, IL.
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment