Sunday, April 29, 2012

What had to be done to finish pump and problems it had

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert 
To: 'Tom Blomme'
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:29 AM
Subject: RE: 79 Eagle ....Berkeley 12jg pump
Tom Blomme brought me a boat and said he needed to have his pump diverter & cables installed on his jet boat. When Tom showed up we went over the boat, I looked in side of the bowl and asked Tom, “ if he knew that the bowl was full of gear oil”. Tom said, “where did that come from”? I told him that it is from the shaft seal leaking.
Tom asked me to go thru the pump and install the diverter & cables. After taking the bowl off I found about two hand full’s of gravel in the bowl. There is no way that could have been picked up off the road. Somebody put it in there on purpose.
The bowl was suppose to be a new Aggressor Bowl it was not, it was a used Berkley bowl that had 8 bolt holes and the threads were stripped out, it looked like whoever put it together used some kind of epoxy to make the bolts stay in. The bolts were not tight. Where the cradle bolts to the bottom of the bowl it had been drilled mutable times there is only suppose to be two holes not four. Inside the bowl the seal was leaking. The stuffer plate had at least two pounds of silicone around it. The bolts that hold the stuffer plate in were corroded like they had been installed many years ago. Tom told me that he had the whole pump painted to match his boat, the paint that was used was very brittle and after one use in the water it would of peeled off. When putting the pump and diverter together the paint was chipping & cracking. Tom told me about his horror story where he had the work done on his boat.
There is a lot more that I found wrong with the work that was done. It was not very professional, the parts were not installed properly and I strongly feel that Tom defiantly had been taken advantage of. I would not recommend having anyone not even my worst enemy to go where Tom Blomme had his boat worked on.
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment