Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gelcoat looks good but actually flawed



Expressed concern for proper heat while doing gelcoat.

----- Original Message -----
From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
To: "Tom Blomme"
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: Gelo coat pics


> LOL LOL
>
> Shoot it's 85 degrees in that thing! Radiant tube heat works awesome!
> Gelcoat kicks in 1 hr , We've already started sanding. Might be able to
> have a finish coat on by Friday.....
> Talk to ya later.
> George Pataki
>
>
>> George,
>>
>> Concerned about the temperature in the uninsulated storage shed you are
>> painting the boat in.....





Notice poor painting conditions.  This was supposedly the gelcoat process.  Picture looks good but real product shows a lot of imperfections and flaws because of the shop is not a dust-free environment.  This is what he used for a paint booth.  Gravel floor.


----- Original Message -----
From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
To: "Tom Blomme"
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:32 AM
Subject: Gelo coat pics


> This is the First Primer coat of Gelcoat. It then needs to be block sanded
> out then resprayed.
> Sorry Camera had shit on it!
>
> Here is the invoice summary of work up prior to gelcaoting.
> 24 hrs labor $1200.00
> 1 Gallon stripper $40.00
> 1 gallon fiberglass resin $48.99
> 1 gallon duraglass $44.99
> 2 gallons Acetone $42.50
> Misc supplies: Tyvek suites,Sandpaper,Rags,Brushes,Tape. $100.00
> Total.$1476.48



 Poor conditions.


----- Original Message -----
From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
To: "Tom Blomme"
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 11:28 AM
Subject: Eagle Pictures Paint or Gelcoat


> Hello Tom,
>
> I'm in a holding pattern waiting to here from ya on the Gelcoat offer.
>
> I've downloaded some pics for ya to enjoy!
>
> Talk to ya soon.
> George Pataki.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>> George,
>>
>> I am trying to find the owner and or painter of the boat picture that I
>> have
>> sent you...no luck yet
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
>> To: "Tom Blomme"
>> Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 2:32 PM
>> Subject: Eagle paint
>>
>>
>>> Tom,
>>> Do you have any sketch's of layout for the flames on the boat?
>>> I know you sent me some pics of some boats with flames but that didnt
>>> give
>>> me any idea on what you are looking for becasue your flames are of a
>>> different design. If you can give us an idea as for layout on paper, we
>>> can work from there back and forth.
>>> Talk to ya later. George.
>>> --
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ARS Marine. Thanks You
>>> For your continued Business.
>>> Phone # 1-(815)-942-2600
>>> Check us out at: http://www.arsmarine.com/
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
Getting ready for gel coat - notice time span and dates.  This conversation started in February of 2009 and almost a year later we are still talking about it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Blomme"
To: <sales@arsmarine.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: Paint for boat.


> George,
> Been having problems with computer-couldn't send or recieve.I am assuming
> this is part of the $6000 estimate for the paint job. I'm no expert but
> when you take off 3'' is'nt that weakening the structure of the boat ?
> Does this meen I won't be able to walk on the bow without worrying about
> stress cracks? I need a guarentee when this is finished that everything is
> gonna hold up. I hope you understand that I need to ask these ?s to get
> back the answers I need to feel secure about this project-it would be
> different if you were 2 or 3 hrs away I could check it every wkend. With
> the economy the way it is and me not knowing how secure your business is I
> worry. I can't be sending any more money until I see more progress-like
> for instance pump part reciepts and labor cost with it for assembly of
> pump then I send the money ( your est. $3100 )-trailer the same-
> parts,labor,pictures of finished product with reciepts then you get the
> money ( your est. $2000 + new axles and wheels)when the boat hull is
> finished,minus the interior and gauges you will get paid. Most businesses
> I know of get nothing down then get paid for there work when completed-I
> gave you $8000 down and I will also send money for all parts when I get a
> sales reciepts. I have no problem sending more money when I feel secure
> about the progress of the boat.Once again I hope you understand and I
> don't meen for this to be a bitchy email-if so I appoligize. Thanks, Tom
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <sales@arsmarine.com>
> To: "Tom Blomme"
> Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 9:43 AM
> Subject: Paint for boat.
>
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> I had to strip the Paint/gel completely off the boat to get down to a
>> good
>> solid surface.
>>
>> The stuff that was on there was not gel coat, it was polyurethane paint
>> 3" thick in some spots to help hide previous mistakes in body work. Due
>> to
>> this unforseen condition there is gonna be some additional labor cost's
>> involved in the paint job.
>>
>> I'll need $3,500.00 to cover the cost of the Paint Materials.
>>
>>
>> Here are some pictures of the deck.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thank You
>> George Pataki
>> ARS Marine
>> NEW Telephone #
>> 1-(815)942-2600
>> NEW Location--> Morris, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment